This role start with 10-12 hours per week in and around Devizes with travel required. There is the opportunity to progress onto more hours and even a full time salaried role based on performance.
PH Sports are an award-winning primary & secondary school PE and School Sports provider in the South-West. We have an ambitious and innovative team with an exciting and aspiring vision for the future to be the best school sports coaching company in the UK.
Our aim is to encourage and inspire lifelong participation within PE, sport and physical activity.
If you have a passion for sport, for providing sporting opportunities to young people and want to be a part of the team to help us achieve our intent then we would love to hear from you.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a dedicated, enthusiastic and confident, PE professional or Sports Coach, to join our teaching team on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will share our company vision and goal. They will be responsible for the high-quality delivery of our PE and sports programmes, adopting our bespoke lesson methodology and schemes of work.
In addition, they will deliver our extra-curricular activities and be responsible for supporting schools with planning and assessments, plus any other administrative roles when required.
PH Sports offer to successful applicants
- 10-12 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Approximate hours: 12:15pm to 1:15pm & 3:15pm to 4:15pm
- Basic salary £13.15 per hour
- Mileage to and from schools @ 25p a mile
- Paid holiday
- Opportunities to progress within the company via increased responsibility and promotions
- Equipment, resources & uniform
- Ongoing internal and external CPD to increase, improve and add to your management & teaching tool kit (annual staff training week, staff development team, internal training modules, first aid & safeguarding training, gymnastics training)
- Free school holiday childcare (for children aged 4+)
- Plan, deliver and evaluate high quality, engaging PE lessons daily
- Complete termly assessments and start/end of year impact reports of pupils
- Support & upskill primary school teachers to develop confidence and competence in delivering PE
- Plan and deliver extra-curricular breakfast, lunch & after school sports clubs
- Assist schools in coordinating sports events and sports days
- Support school PE leaders with implementing high-quality PE within their schools
- Liaise with teachers and parents to build positive rapport
- Complete general administrative roles where required
Candidates will only be considered if they have the following
- Level 2 NGB qualification (minimum)
- Experience in delivering primary school PE & sport
- National curriculum knowledge and understanding (physical education)
- Full, clean driving licence (your own transport is essential)
- The ability to obtain an enhanced DBS certificate
The ideal candidate will have
- Paediatric first aid qualification
- Safeguarding level 2 training
- Level 3 PESS qualification
- Gymnastics training
- Excellent standards of behaviour management and class control
- Passion & commitment to delivering high quality, engaging PE and sport
- Time management and punctuality
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with both young people and adults
- Open and honest
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Professional and high personal standards
- Experience in using IT software
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Pay: £13.15 per hour