This role is based in St. Andrews in Weymouth, Dorset.
PH Sports are an award-winning primary & secondary school PE and School Sports provider in the South-West. In addition to this, we also offer a high-quality school-based wraparound childcare service.
We have an ambitious and innovative team with an exciting and aspiring vision for the future to be the best school sports coaching and wraparound childcare provider in the UK.
Our aim is to deliver a high-quality, nurturing level of care whilst providing children with a fun and engaging experience.
If you have a passion for childcare, are enthusiastic about supporting the growth and development of young people and are seeking a fun job role that allows you to express and share your creativity then we would love to hear from you.
Following the successful delivery of our breakfast club over the past 2 years at St Andrew’s, we have been invited by the school to take over the well-established after-school club. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a fun, dynamic, responsible, creative, enthusiastic and organised individual to join our team on a part-time basis.
The successful candidate will take overall responsibility for the running of the after school club and be directly responsible for the day-to-day coordination of this club. This role will include maintaining the strong relationship we have with the school, being approachable to our parents and above all provide a safe, caring, stimulating and fun environment for the children in our care. You will be supported by a club assistant.
Working hours (start/finish times may differ slightly)
After School Club (15:00 – 18:00)
PH Sports offer to successful applicants
· Part-time employment, 3 hours per day, 2 days per week
- Pay £13.15 per hour
- Opportunities to progress within the company via increased responsibility and promotions
- Equipment, resources & uniform
- Ongoing internal and external CPD to increase, improve and add to your management & delivery tool kit (annual staff training week, staff development team, internal training modules, first aid & safeguarding training)
· To oversee the care, safety, welfare and supervision of children After School Club through both indoors and outdoors ensuring that the whole experience is as positive as possible for all the children
· Planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment
· Providing food and refreshments and ensuring that hygiene and health and safety standards are met.
· Administering first aid where necessary.
· Developing and maintaining good communication with all members of the club and, including Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher, parents and children
· To promote and support an inclusive environment, where all children feel safe to be themselves and communicate effectively.
Candidates will only be considered if they have the following
· A childcare or Level 2 sporting NGB qualification (minimum)
· The ability to obtain an enhanced DBS certificate
· Commitment to ongoing professional development
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience in working within a primary school environment
· Paediatric first aid qualification
- Full, clean driving licence (your own transport is desirable)
- Safeguarding level 2 training
· Excellent standards of behaviour management and class control
· Passion & commitment to delivering high quality, safe and enjoyable childcare environment
- Time management and punctuality
· Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with both young people and adults
- Open and honest
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Professional and high personal standards
· Experience in using IT software
· Work on own initiative and use sound judgement and common sense
· Maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the workplace
Starting date: September 2022
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent