PH Sports are an award-winning primary & secondary school PE and School Sports provider in the South-West. We have an ambitious and innovative team with an exciting and aspiring vision for the future to be the best school sports coaching company in the UK.
Our aim is to encourage and inspire lifelong participation within PE, sport, and physical activity.
If you want to gain valuable vocational experience within a primary school setting and have a passion for sport and providing sporting opportunities to young people then we would love to hear from you.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a dedicated, enthusiastic and eager to learn, primary school sports coach apprentice, to join our team.
The apprenticeship is a 24-month fixed-term position with the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position with PH Sports depending on performance and demand for our services.
You will work predominantly alongside our full-time PE staff, shadowing and supporting curriculum PE lessons to learn and enhance your school sport delivery techniques. You will also receive opportunities to deliver independently.
In addition, you will deliver our extra-curricular activities and be responsible for supporting schools with planning and assessments, plus any other administrative roles when required.
You will complete the Level 4 Sports Coach apprenticeship standard made up of 18-months study and a 6-month project, culminating in a 5,000-word essay.
PH Sports offer to successful applicants
- Full-time employment, 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday (24-months)
- Basic salary ££9379.50 (year 1)
- National living wage – minimum (year 2)
- Mileage to and from schools @ 34p a mile
- Opportunities to progress within the company via increased responsibility and promotions
- Dedicated study time and a college tutor to support with coursework and assignments
- PH Sports mentor to work with you for the duration of the 24-months offering advice, support and guidance on both a work and personal level
- 20 days annual holiday + bank holidays
- Equipment, resources & uniform
- Ongoing internal and external CPD to increase, improve and add to your management & teaching tool kit (annual staff training week, staff development team, internal training modules, first aid & safeguarding training, gymnastics training)
- Free school holiday childcare (for children aged 4+)
- Support the planning, delivery and evaluation of high-quality, engaging PE lessons daily
- Support with the completion of termly assessments and start/end of year impact reports of pupils
- Plan and deliver extra-curricular breakfast, lunch & after school sports clubs
- Liaise with teachers and parents to build positive rapport
- Complete general administrative roles where required
- Manage time effectively to complete and stay up to date with course work and assignments
Ideal candidates will have the following
- Level 1 NGB qualification (minimum)
- Full, clean driving licence (your own transport is essential)
- The ability to obtain an enhanced DBS certificate
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience of working with primary school-aged children and in a primary school environment
- Safeguarding level 2 training
- Level 3 PESS qualification
- Basic understanding of behaviour management and class control
- Basic understanding of the PE national curriculum
- Passion & commitment to delivering high-quality, engaging PE and sport
- Time management and punctuality
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with both young people and adults
- Open and honest
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Professional and high personal standards
- Experience in using IT software
To apply, please complete the form below including a cover letter and attach your CV.
If you would like more information please call us on 01225 701830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org